In case you want to un-install any Norton Product from your device for any reason, you can go through the below given detailed step by step manual.
In order to reinstall any Norton product to any of your devices also, you are required to first uninstall Norton and then re-install Norton. Let’s have a look at the un-installation methods.
Norton Antivirus can be UnInstalled from any device in the following ways:
Option 1: from Windows
- Click on “Start” menu and go to “Control Panel”.
- In Windows Control Panel window, choose “Programs”
- For Windows XP, double-click on “Add or Remove Programs”.
- For Windows Vista, double-click on “Programs and Features”.
- For Windows 7 and Windows 8, click on “Programs” and then select “Programs and Features”.
- The “Programs” option is available on selecting the “Category” option in the “View” by drop-down list.
- For Windows 10, click on “Uninstall a program”.
- Select the Norton Product you want to uninstall and
- For Windows XP, click on “Change/Remove”.
- For Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10, click on “Uninstall/Change”.
- Click on “Remove All” to remove Norton and all its associated products completely from your device.
- Select “Restart Now” to restart your computer system in order to complete un-installation process.
Option 2: from Mac OS X
- From the “Applications” folder, select the Norton product you want to uninstall.
- If the Norton product is not visible in the Applications folder, select the “Symantec Solutions” folder and launch “Symantec Uninstaller.”
- Click on “Norton Security” at the top, next to the Apple logo and select “Uninstall Norton Security.”
- If you are removing Norton using Symantec Uninstaller, select each Norton program you want to uninstall.
- Select “Uninstall” from the Uninstall Norton Security window.
- You will now be required to enter the Administrator username and password.
- Select “Install Helper” and then click on “Restart Now.”
- The Mac computer will restart and your Norton product(s) will be uninstalled completely.
Option 3: from Android device
STEP 1: Disable Device Administrator for Norton Mobile Security
- Go to “Settings” on your mobile device.
- Go to “Security settings” and tap on “Device Administrators”.
- Uncheck the checkbox next to Norton Mobile Security.
STEP 2: Uninstall Norton Mobile Security
- Go to “Settings”.
- Depending on the Android version, perform any one of the following:
- For Android OS 4.3.x or later: In the “Settings” menu, tap on “More” and then select “Applications Manager”.
- For Nexus devices: in the “Settings” menu, tap on “Apps”.
- For Android OS 4.0 – 4.2.x: Select “Applications Manager”.
- For Android OS 3.x or earlier: Select “Application” and then choose “Manage Applications”.
- From the complete list of apps, select “Norton Mobile Security”.
- Tap on “Uninstall”.
- Select “OK” to confirm.
- Once uninstallation is done, select “OK”.
Option 4: from iPhone or iPad
- On the Home screen, tap and hold on the “Norton Mobile” icon until it starts jiggling.
- Select the ‘X’ icon from the top-left corner of the “app” icon, for deletion.
- Select “Delete” to confirm.